Car Accidents

Bryan, TX Car Accident Lawyer

Call (979) 258-6688 for Experienced Legal Help

Injuries sustained in a car accident can disrupt your entire life, preventing you from working while facing mounting medical bills. If you were injured in an accident that was someone else's fault, call Brian C. Gutierrez, PLLC. We understand the stress of financial difficulty on top of trying to heal from an accident and fight for fair compensation for our clients.

Call (979) 258-6688 to get the help you need. After a crash, it's usual to feel confused and overwhelmed. Get knowledgeable guidance from our Bryan, TX car accident attorney today!

Comparative Negligence in Texas

In car accidents, we sometimes see cases where both parties played some role in causing the collision. An example may be a driver who was texting and changed lanes into the path of another vehicle, whose driver was speeding. In situations such as this, the rule of comparative negligence would apply.

Texas implements a modified comparative fault rule that works as follows:

  • If a victim is 51% or more at fault in a car accident, he or she cannot recover compensation from the other party (even if that party was 49% to blame).
  • A victim’s recovery may be reduced by his or her percentage of fault. If a victim is 10% to blame and would have recovered $100,000, for example, his or her recovery would be reduced to $90,000.

Comparative negligence is a double-edged sword, offering car accident victims an opportunity to recover compensation even if they were partially responsible for their accidents, but also eliminating their recovery if they hold more than half of the blame.

Car Accident Compensation

In order to secure compensation for your injury, it is important to show that the other driver was at fault for your accident. Even if you were partially to blame, you may be entitled to compensation under the comparative negligence standard.

We help victims of car accidents in Bryan, TX and the surrounding areas obtain compensation for:

  • Medical expenses
  • Lost income
  • Loss of future earning capacity
  • Vehicle repairs
  • Disability, pain and suffering, and other non-economic damages

We work closely with our clients and investigate each case to determine who was at fault for the collision. Although you have two years to file a claim, it is better to get started early, so evidence can be preserved and witnesses can offer an account of what happened while the details are still fresh.

What You Need to Know About Insurance

After a car accident, it is essential that the insurance claim is properly filed. Our car accident attorney in Bryan, TX is familiar with insurance company procedures and tactics. We can assist with your claim, investigate your case, seek the appropriate damages for your injuries, and fight the insurance company on your behalf. If the insurance company pressures you to accept an offer, it is best to seek the advice of an attorney to make sure you are fairly compensated for your injury. There is no cost for your consultation and our fees are only collected from a small percentage of total case winnings.

Call (979) 258-6688 or contact us online for your free car accident consultation!

Real People, Real Stories

  • “If you're looking for an aggressive and fair attorney who you can trust to fight for you, here he is. Brian Gutierrez defended my fiancé and I in a wreck where the at fault's insurance did not even ...”

    - Crystal M.
  • “Caring and trustworthy. Brian truly has his clients best interest at heart. He cared more about me than his own pocketbook. You can trust what he tells you. No matter what, he will make sure you get ...”

    - David W.
  • “Before working with Brian my claim went untouched for almost a year. After hiring him things took off and we ended up settling our case at a much greater advantage to us than we could have ever ...”

    - Brandon G.
  • “Personable, professional, focused, knowledgeable and extremely experienced, Brian proved to be by far my best choice in representing me and achieving the most positive resolution to my case possible. ...”

    - Michael S.
  • “Brian was very compassionate and when others would not take my case he not only helped but was very aggressive. He very obviously cares about and values his clients and their well-being! The staff was ...”

    - Marc T.
/

Have You Been Injured?

Contact Us to Schedule a Free Consultation Today
  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.